Friday, November 19, 2010

My first day in the kitchen


Sixteen years back when I wore my first white chef jacket and stepped into the hotel, and worked from morning 8am to next day early morning 2am. The thrill was unexplainable!!

Joined the hotel on a very busy day peeled tons of onions and kept crying all the time, eyes got some relief when my chef assigned me to peel some apples for the salad.

Worked whole day without eating, I was on top of the world after wearing the chef jacket and getting the opportunity to hold that sharp 10” knife in my hand.

Today after so many years when I look back, feel satisfied, what a journey it was, a journey full of flavors, aromas, mouth watering food, amazing array of ingredients from around the world, extremely hot kitchens, opportunity to create and re create, chance to be innovative with every special menus.

It’s a great pleasure when you see your guest enjoying and relishing the plate crafted by you.

What each one of us needs the most… is nothing but … Tasty Food… Isn’t it?!

With this blog my tryst would be to reach out to you with my experiences in the kitchen and some of my favorite recipes. So watch out….

1 comment:

  1. woooohooooo....that takes me back to training time..for so many reasons.. ;P...
    beautifully said,I also relate to it..
    :) :D

    ReplyDelete